Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I need sleep!

Fluttering eyelids, droopy head, and zero attention span. This is what happens to those sleep deprived. This is what happens to me. 
You may ask why this happens to me and I'll reply, "Homework!" And only from one class, too.

 American History AP

Remarkably, my teacher now gives out less homework, but I do not feel any less tired. If my brain is being stimulated than I will be able to stay awake, however, once the classroom environment becomes boring or any teacher starts rambling (at least my 2nd hour), thats when I become TOTALLY out of it. I am somewhere else entirely in my mind. Gone! It has always been said that a good amount of sleep shows better results in school, but my choices are either do homework, get no sleep, and get good grades, or sleep, have unfinished homework, and fail. There's is no lose-lose or win-win situation anymore, Oh No! It's win-lose. Win grades, Lose sleep. I know AP classes are supposed to give an abundant amount of work, but ever heard of too much of a good thing? Unless you see homework as bad, then that's too much of a bad thing, and that just sucks entirely. 

Although the work sucks, I absolutely love the class. The learning part at least. American history (or any history for that matter) is very interesting and I really do enjoy hearing stories of our past. Why can't the class just be a huge lecture everyday where all we do is listen and no obvious work is involved? Like History Channel, but through the teacher. 





1 comment:

  1. Look, my favorite class is History. I took AP Euro last year (Mrs. Steere WOO). There was a LOT of homework. The way I coped with it was i simply didn't do all of it. If i get some of the information i would only do the parts i didn't get. Eventually I just stopped doing it because I'm amazing at history (I've heard i'm conceited but i've never figured out why, really, I'm just an amazing person, these are facts!). I'm not saying stop doing HW that'd be borderline retarded. However I AM saying you should not do ALL of it if at all necessary.

    I passed the AP test with a 4 (note i fell asleep during part of the test :P) and got my credit etc etc. I did choose not to take AP american because i knew i wouldn't have time (My visa expired and i spent a month outside the country 08-09), and I feel silly for it, but at least i got Timmy P, he's a cool teacher.

    ReplyDelete