Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Gotta Write

Haven't you ever felt that you just gotta write?? (excuse my my poor word usage. "Gotta" isn't a word) Well, I don't feel like it much anymore. I'd just rather not. But here I am writing two blogs per week because, you know what? This does not restrict me to the conformity of a prompt. I am free to write about whatever I want to write about and I do not have to always have in mind whether I'm going to off topic or not. 
At first it was hard because as a student, I have always been made to write by a prompt and had become comfortable about being told what to do. I mean, I didn't have to put any major effort of thinking. Just do what they tell you to do and thats it. First time in class we were told to free write, all of us were like, "What the heck? What do I write about?" Eventually though we got used to it. I am glad that we were forced in a way to explore and really write what we are passionate about or simply to opinionate (I just made up a word... opinionate. cool). That way we try to break free from the dehumanized, mechanical daily pattern of going to school, the same thing everyday. We get to say what we want to say with no one to say otherwise, unless, of course, they'd like to comment, which is always welcome.
So... yeah... that's what I wanted to write about today.

2 comments:

  1. i think its amazing when people come up with words i love doing it and iths amazing like ABATANO.its cool yea and i agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's ABANATO??
    And MAking up words is cool. Even our old President Harding made up a word. I think it was normalcy...

    ReplyDelete